Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Religious Division


In 1 Corinthians 1:10-13 the apostle Paul, by inspiration, wrote, “Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgement. For it hath been declared unto me of you, my brethren, by them which are of the house of Chloe, that there are contentions among you. Now this I say, that every one of you saith , I am of Paul; and I of Apollos; and I of Cephas; and I of Christ. Is Christ divided? Was Paul crucified for you? Or were ye baptized in the name of Paul?”

In Ephesians 1:22,23, God points out the church is the body of Christ. Ephesians 4:4 says there is “ONE body”. Yet in the U.S. there are over 1200 recognized religious organizations. Either God is a liar (a conclusion I cannot accept) or He is mistaken (I cannot accept that either) or man is in rebellion against God (This one I can accept).

In Matthew 15:13 Jesus said, “...Every plant which my heavenly Father hath not planted shall be rooted up.” In the context of this verse, Jesus is condemning religious systems based on doctrines and commandments of men and is thus condemning the same thing Paul was in 1 Corinthians 1:10-13.

When did God change His mind, in that He no longer condemns religious division? Could it be that God HASN’T changed His mind at all? Let us not be a part of this division which God does not approve of.

Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment